Who said Blackberry always has to be black?
Globe Telecom and Research In Motion (RIM) today introduced the BlackBerry® Curve™ 8520 smartphone in two new and exciting colors – white and ruby red. The new smartphones are expected to be available from Globe starting May 8.
|Blackberry Curve 8520 in Ruby Red (click photo to enlarge)|
|Blackberry Curve 8520 in White|
The user-friendly BlackBerry Curve 8520 smartphone is a powerful multimedia and social-networking tool that customers in the Philippines have come to love. It features a full QWERTY keyboard that makes typing quick and easy. It also features dedicated media keys, which are smoothly integrated along the top of the handset giving customers an easy, convenient way to control their music and videos. Customers can download social networking applications such as BlackBerry® Messenger, Twitter and Facebook for BlackBerry® smartphones from the recently launched BlackBerry App World™, which offers a broad range of free lifestyle and business applications.
"The BlackBerry Curve 8520 smartphone is very popular in the Philippines and we expect customers will be excited with the choice of new colors to suit their personal style," said Gregory Wade, Managing Director for Southeast Asia, RIM.
Menchi Orlina, Globe’s Chief Marketing Officer said, "Both Globe and RIM demonstrated a track record of innovation and dedication to offering our customers products and services to make their lives easy, fulfilling and fun. The BlackBerry Curve 8520 smartphone is a chic choice for the young and upwardly-mobile. With social networking apps like BlackBerry Messenger, Facebook and Twitter, and new colors available, we think the BlackBerry Curve 8520 is a great choice for those who want to be Globe-connected."
Key features of the BlackBerry Curve 8520 smartphone include:
· Easy-to-use full-QWERTY keyboard and touch-sensitive trackpad for reliable, responsive typing and navigation
· 256MB Flash memory and a 512Mhz next generation processor for enhanced performance
· Premium phone features including voice activated dialing and Bluetooth® support for hands-free headsets, car kits, stereo headsets and other Bluetooth peripherals
· 2 MP digital camera with zoom and video recording
· Advanced media player for music, pictures and videos, with dedicated media keys and a 3.5 mm stereo headset jack, plus BlackBerry® Media Sync, which makes it easy to quickly sync photos as well as iTunes® or Windows Media® Player music with the smartphone*
· Access to BlackBerry App World, featuring a broad and growing catalog of third-party mobile applications developed specifically for BlackBerry smartphones. Categories include games, entertainment, IM and social networking, news, weather, productivity and more
· Expandable memory via hot swappable microSD/SDHC memory card slot, supporting up to 16GB cards today and expected to support next generation 32GB cards when available; a 2GB card is included
· Built-in Wi-Fi® (802.11 b/g)
· Quad-band world phone: EGDE/GPRS/GSM (850/900/1800/1900 MHz)
· BlackBerry® Internet Service support for access to up to 10 supported email accounts, including most popular ISP email accounts such as Yahoo!®, Windows Live™ Hotmail®, AOL® and Gmail™; and BlackBerry® Enterprise Server support, which provides advanced security and IT administration features for corporate deployments
To learn more about the BlackBerry Curve 8520 smartphone visit: blackberry.com/curve8520
* Certain music files may not be supported, including files that contain digital rights management technologies. Photo syncing is currently only available for Windows-based PCs.
Globe, a leading telecommunications services provider in the Philippines, creates and delivers products and services that are relevant to its customers and are easy to understand and use. Globe’s mission is to transform and enrich lives through communications that will help bring them closer to their aspirations and what matters most to them. As a pioneer, Globe continues to be a part of the revolution that’s connecting millions of people across the country and around the world. Beyond technology, Globe’s business is truly shaped by the bonds that tie Filipinos together.
About Research In Motion (RIM)
Research In Motion is a leading designer, manufacturer and marketer of innovative wireless solutions for the worldwide mobile communications market. Through the development of integrated hardware, software and services that support multiple wireless network standards, RIM provides platforms and solutions for seamless access to time-sensitive information including email, phone, SMS messaging, Internet and intranet-based applications. RIM technology also enables a broad array of third party developers and manufacturers to enhance their products and services with wireless connectivity to data. RIM’s portfolio of award-winning products, services and embedded technologies are used by thousands of organizations around the world and include the BlackBerry® wireless platform, the RIM Wireless Handheld™ product line, software development tools, radio-modems and software/hardware licensing agreements. Founded in 1984 and based in Waterloo, Ontario, RIM operates offices in North America, Europe, Asia Pacific and Latin America. RIM is listed on the NASDAQ Stock Market (NASDAQ: RIMM) and the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX: RIM).
[Press Release Courtesy of Therese of VirtusioPR for RIM]