Hashtag pertaining to Nokia World 2010, a global tech meet that's happening in London in a few hours, is currently a worldwide trending topic on Twitter.
Nokia World is a yearly event where Nokia executives and enthusiasts get to connect with each other and discuss the latest developments at Nokia. Here are the highlights of this year's meet:
- Three new smartphones, Nokia E7, Nokia C7 and Nokia C6, which join the previously announced Nokia N8 to form a family of Symbian products.
- The latest version of the Symbian platform brings more than 250 new features and improvements and retains the familiarity enjoyed by millions of smartphone users worldwide;
- Showcase of the Nokia N8, the ultimate entertainment smartphone and world's best cameraphone;
- Availability of a richer Ovi Store experience – starting with the Nokia N8 – that includes a friendlier look and feel, and more popular and unique apps and games;
- The latest beta release of free Ovi Maps with new pedestrian and motorist features.
"Today our fight back to smartphone leadership shifts into high gear," shares Niklas Savander, Executive Vice President - Markets, Nokia. "Despite new competition, Symbian remains the most widely used smartphone platform in the world. Our new family of smartphones introduced today feature the all-new Symbian OS, rewritten to be faster, easier to use, more efficient and more developer friendly." He follows up, "Based on the level of consumer interest and the highest online pre-orders in Nokia history, we expect big things from the Nokia N8."
Stay tuned for updates on new Nokia phones mentioned in this entry.
Nokia World 2010 will be held at ICC London ExCeL from September 14-15. Check out event agenda via this link.