I personally called Ateneo de Manila iCampus (Authorized Apple Store) a few minutes ago and asked them a few questions as regards news that they will have iPad on their shelves once the device gets officially released in the Philippines on December 17, 2010.
Here are a few details of our conversation, please note;
1. It's confirmed. Ateneo iCampus will sell Apple iPad as an authorized retailer after the product's official launch in the Philippines. Note that while December 17, 2010 is the reported launch date, it's not 100% certain that Ateneo iCampus will already have the slates on their shelves on that day (probably because of shipment schedule). The sure thing though is that the iPads will be there before the end of December.
2. iPad prices at Ateneo iCampus will be lower than Apple's suggested iPad retail price in other authorized Apple retailers. This is because Ateneo iCampus implements 'educational discount' on iDevices purchased at the store.
3. Ateneo iCampus hasn't officially released their price schedule for the iPad. They will only do so once Apple gives them the go signal or once the slates are already 'with them'.
4. Ateneo de Manila students can purchase the iPad at iCampus and avail of the discount by showing their valid Ateneo student ID.
5. Ateneo de Manila Alumni (TP included) can purchase the iPad at iCampus and avail of the discount by showing their valid Alumni Card (NOTE: Ateneo alumni can get their card at the Office of Alumni Affairs located at Bellarmine Hall. I believe it costs more or less Php 1,000.)
6. Ateneo de Manila employees can purchase the iPad at iCampus and avail of the discount by showing their valid Ateneo employee ID.
7. Individuals who are not related to Ateneo can purchase the iPad at iCampus and avail of the discount if they can get referral from an Ateneo de Manila Student, Employee or Alumni and show the valid Ateneo ID of the person who referred them during the purchase.
8. Ateneo iCampus is now starting to take iPad orders. If you're interested to get an iPad via Ateneo de Manila Apple Store or if you have further questions, you may give them a ring at (02) 4744458
Please let your friends know.