I've just finished installing Symbian^3 PR 1.1 firmware update on my Nokia N8.
I've yet to explore the improvements that this software follow-up brings. But off hand, here's the complete change log;
1. Web app updated to version 188.8.131.52
2. Adobe Reader updated to version 2.5.653
3. Quickoffice updated to version 6.4.166, improved zooming functions, editing functions now enabled on the Nokia N8
4. Improved Nokia Email
- performance improved
- 'unread emails' flag added to homescreen widget
- meeting requests can be accepted directly from email invitations
- maps integration for viewing the meeting location on map when address is mentioned in the location field in the meeting invite
5. General performance improvements
6. Dialer now works in landscape mode
How to Perform Firmware Update on Nokia N8?
Before proceeding, make sure your phone is connected to the internet.
1. On the Main Menu, Go to Settings
2. Under Setting, Click on Phone
3. Scroll Down and Click on Phone Management
4. Under Phone Management, Click on Device Updates
5. In Device Updates, Click on Options button below the screen
6. Under Options, Click on Check for Updates
7. This box should pop-out --
8. Just click on Accept and follow easy installation procedure. This update weighs exactly 6526 kb.
That's it! Totally easy to do.
Oh, and if you're wondering -- Yep, we recommend Nokia N8. If you want a phone with a really powerful camera to capture those important life moments both in photos and videos, Nokia N8 could be an ideal phone for you. Check it out.