Did you really expect Facebook to just sit still and watch Google try to grab everyone's attention with Google+? Why would FB wanna do that?
Today, just a little more than 24-hours after Google announced its big social networking project, Facebook launched Video Calling - a feature it's been cooking for quite sometime now with Skype. The cleverly named application puts video and calling together, allowing FB users to chat with each other using their webcams.
So how do you activate this feature and more importantly, how do you use it?
Let's do this step by step, TP Friends --
How to Activate FB Video Calling
1. Make sure your webcam and microphone are properly installed on your computer.
2. Log-in to your Facebook account.
3. Click on this LINK.
4. Click on the green Get Started button
5. Facebook will then send you a file (Video Call Set-up) to install on your computer.
6. Save and Run the file
7. Let it do its thing and finish the installation.
8. FB Video Calling has just been activated on your account.
How to Use FB Video Calling
1. After activating Video Calling on your account, look for an online FB friend who's also activated the feature.
2. Call him or her by clicking on his name on the Chat bar then clicking the small Video Call button.
3. Wait for him or her to answer and chat away!
As soon as your friend answers, the video call screen will start to load.
Try it now, TP Friends! And let me know what you think about it.