Krysel from Makati City emailed TechPinas this question earlier today:
"Dear TechPinas, I see that you own an LG Optimus 2X and you've already played with Samsung Galaxy S in the past. I'm currently considering getting LG Optimus 2X and I'm wondering if it's really any better than Samsung Galaxy S? How do these phones compare against each other?"
Hi Krysel! Thank you so much for your inquiry!
To put it simply, LG Optimus 2X is a newer generation device so we can really expect it to be better than Samsung Galaxy S, which was released last year.
Personally, I think LG Optimus 2X is better than Samsung Galaxy S in five ways:
1. LG Optimus 2X has a dual core processor compared to the single core chip of Samsung Galaxy S. This means that LG Optimus 2X can handle processor-intensive programs and multitasking a lot better than Samsung Galaxy S.
2. LG Optimus 2X has a full-HD video recorder and supports full HD video playback while Samsung Galaxy S only comes with a 720p video recorder. LG Optimus 2X allows you to record higher resolutions videos, which are perfect for playback on a Full HDTV.
3. LG Optimus 2X comes with an HDMI port. 2X has all the ports that you will find on Samsung Galaxy S. But 2X comes with an extra one that will make playback on other devices like laptops and HDTVs a lot easier, an HDMI port! And the retail package even comes with a free HDMI cable.
4. LG Optimus 2X has an 8 MegaPixel still camera vs. the 5MP camera of Samsung Galaxy S. 2X takes bigger photos for big life moments, which you can then share easily with your friends and loved ones.
5. LG Optimus 2X has a more solid, metallic shell. Unlike Samsung Galaxy S, which comes with an almost completely plastic case, LG Optimus 2X's shell comes with a metallic lining, giving the smartphone a sturdy and extremely solid feel in the hand.
There you go, Krysel. I hope you find this helpful.