According to Research in Motion, BlackBerry Curve is the best-selling BB line in the Philippines.
If you're one of the millions of BlackBerry Curve 8520 or BlackBerry Curve 9300 owners in Pinas, I know you'll be excited to see this:
Yup, prototype units of the 2011 refresh to the popular BlackBerry Curve handset, simply named BlackBerry Curve 9360, have already landed on our shores. I was able to play with one during the BlackBerry 7 event at the Ayala Museum last Monday. Here's a short hands-on video that I took:
It's a teaser! Don't worry. I'll post more stuff about this phone on TP soon!
TP Initial Impressions:
1. I own a BlackBerry Curve 8530 and I've reviewed BB Curve 9300; BlackBerry Curve 9360 is a lot lighter than both of its predecessors.
2. BlackBerry Curve 9360's tapered sides make it look even thinner than it actually is.
3. With metallic band running down its side and back, this Curve's design is closer to that of BB Bold 9700 than BB Curve 9300.
4. I'm glad RIM has decided to bring back the glossy black battery cover in the Curve line. It really makes the phone look more svelte and sophisticated.
5. The camera now comes with LED flash! For current Curve users, I bet that means a whole world of difference.
For complete technical specifications of BlackBerry Curve 9360, kindly visit the link.
The prototype units are here so for sure, it won't be long before retail units become available. No word yet from RIM with regard to official price tag and release date. I'm guessing BB Curve 9360 will come with an SRP of roughly Php 15,000 - 17,000 and will hit store shelves around Yuletide.