Apple has just started rolling out over-the-air iOS6 firmware upgrade for non-jailbroken, factory-unlocked* iPhone 4S, iPad2, The New iPad, iPod Touch 4th Generation, iPhone 4, and iPhone 3GS.
If you own any of these iDevices, here's how you can get iOS6 in 8 very easy steps:
1. Make sure your device is connected to WiFi network or to a fast and reliable 3G network. Also, you might want to keep your device plugged to a power source just to make sure it won't run out of juice during the installation process.
2. Click on Settings icon.
3. Under Settings, go to General.
4. In General, click on Software Update.
5. If the iOS6 update is already available for your iDevice, you will get this notification. If you want to see the change log highlights, click on Learn More. To proceed with the installation, click on Download and Install button and accept the Terms and Conditions.
6. Clicking on Download and Install button will prompt the system to download the installation files, which weigh around 636 MB.
7. After all files have been downloaded, system will restart to begin installation. Just let it do its thing; Don't anything to interrupt the process.
8. Once installation is done, you will see your familiar home screen. To check if your iDevice is already running iOS6, just go to Settings, General, then About.
Again, as earlier featured on TechPinas, iOS6 brings a slew of enhancements to Apple's mobile operating system including Facebook Integration, FaceTime over Cellular, a smarter and more sports-savvy Siri, Shared Photo Streams, and Passbook, among more than 200 other improvements.
*Users who rely on Interposers (Gevey Sim, Rebel Sim), SAM and other means of unlock must avoid updating and wait for the announcement of either the DevTeam or the people behind those unlock exploits. (Thanks Flip Pepot)