Jeric Mendez from Pasig City sent us this inquiry via email yesterday:
"Dear TechPinas, I can't seem to make my new Asus U3100 TV Receiver work properly on my laptop running Vista Basic OS. No free TV, just a hazy black screen! What could be the problem? Help me please!"
Hi Jeric! Thanks for the inquiry.
First off, keep in mind that it's always best to get in touch with the retailer regarding any problem on the device that you bought from them or you may opt to just call Asus support for help. But since you already heeded our advice, here's my suggestion: Consider installing the latest Asus U3100 Driver. I'm not guaranteeing that it will work -- But heck, it's worth a try, right?
Here are the steps:
1. Download the latest Asus U3100 driver HERE -- choose the one that fits your device's model. *Remember where you save it on your computer.*
2. Open Windows Vista Device Manager - Right click Start, then choose Control panel and then, in Classic View, click Device Manager. In Default View, Click on System and Maintenance, then choose Device Manager.
3. Plug in your Asus U3100 device to the USB port of your computer.
4. Windows Vista will tell you that it detects a new hardware, ignore this message. Check your Device Manager if it has detected your device. At this point, Device Manager will show the name and model of your Asus U3100 TV receiver.
5. Right click on the Asus U3100 name and select Update Drivers. Simply follow the steps - here you will realize how important it is to remember where you saved the updated Driver in Step 1.
6. In the meantime, ignore error messages stating that the driver you are trying to install doesn't have Windows approval.
7. After you have finished installing the drivers, follow Asus U3100 Installation screen instructions to wrap up process.
There! I hope you find this helpful. :)