Christine S. from Davao City emailed TP this request yesterday noon while Eat Bulaga was airing:
"Hi TP! I just saw Vic Sotto give a demo of both Nokia C2-00 and Nokia X1-01 on Eat Bulaga. I understand both of these are budget Dual SIM handsets but Nokia C2-00 is a bit more expensive. [I'm just wondering how they are different from each other. Please enlighten me on this. I'm a Nokia fan and I'm having a hard time time choosing between the two.] I'll definitely buy one of them soon though. Thanks!"
Nokia X1-01 and Nokia C2-00, respectively. Nokia X1-01 costs only Php 1,990 while Nokia C2-00 sells for Php 2,990 -- both very affordable!
Hi Christine! Thanks for the email. We appreciate it.
Nokia C2-00 and Nokia X1-01 are alike in the sense that they are both dual SIM dual Standby phones, both come with an alphanumeric keypad, and that they have largely similar user interface -- albeit Nokia X1-01 runs on S30 platform while Nokia C2-00 runs S40. But how are they different from each other?
1. Nokia X1-01 has a more boxy form factor compared to Nokia C2-00's rounder design.
2. Nokia X1-01 is wider, thicker and heavier than Nokia C2-00; Nokia X1-01 has dimensions of 112.2 x 47.3 x 16 mm and weighs 91.1 grams while Nokia C2-00 measures 108 x 45 x 14.7 mm and weighs only 74 grams.
3. Nokia C2-00 has an Easy Swap port, which makes it convenient to change SIM cards without having to remove the battery or turn off the phone. This is the main selling point of Nokia C2-00 vs. other dual SIM phones, in my opinion. Watch a demo of Nokia C2-00 Easy Swap via the link.
4. Unlike Nokia C2-00, Nokia X1-01 doesn't have a VGA camera but does have a big speaker at the back, which makes it a true music phone. How loud can this speaker go? Watch our Nokia X1-01 vs. Nokia C2-00 video for a demo:
5. Nokia C2-00's microSD card slot supports up to 32GB while that of Nokia X1-01 only supports up to 16GB.
So which budget Nokia dual SIM phone should you choose? If you're a music lover and you want to always have a loud speaker for your tracks wherever you go, I'd suggest you go for Nokia X1-01. If you use more than 2 SIM cards and you want to experience the convenience of using Easy Swap, get Nokia C2-00.
There you go, Christine. I hope you find this helpful.