Jailbreak iPhone 4.2.1 : GreenPois0n RC5 Out!
DISCLAIMER: This post is purely for educational use only. TechPinas cannot be held responsible for any damage or issue that use or misuse of this jailbreak can cause on your iPhone. Jailbreak your iPhone at your own risk. While jailbreaking an iPhone is now legal, keep in mind that jailbreaking any iDevice voids its warranty.
So it has finally arrived.
Chronic Dev Team has just released GreenPois0n RC5 specifically made to jailbreak iDevices running iOS 4.2.1 or the latest version of Apple's mobile operating system. Right now though, RC5 is only available for Macs and some users are reporting bugs or problems with the installation - maybe because this version was rushed.
You can check out GreenPois0n for Mac via this link.
We'll update this post once the builds for Windows and Linux become available.
How to Use GreenPoison?
1. You might want you grab the SHSH blob for the current version of your iOS.
2. Make sure your iPhone is running iOS 4.2.1
3. Connect your iPhone to your computer
4. Download GreenPoison RC5
5. Run GreenPoison
6. Enter your iPhone into DFU mode, following instructions given by GreenPoison.
7. Click Jailbreak button
8. Be patient until GreenPoison is done with the jailbreak. This should take around 5 minutes.
9. Jailbreak is done!
10. You might want to install Cydia via the Loader app
There you go.
Labels: Apple greenpois0n GreenPois0n RC5 iPhone Jailbreak iPhone Jailbreak iPhone 4.2.1 Tech Basics