iPod Touch Explodes , Sets Kid's Pants on Fire !

"He continues to suffer from both physical and mental conditions which will cause him to suffer pain, mental distress, emotional distress, and otherwise for the rest of his life."

Quoting the lawsuit against Apple filed by the mother of the 15-year old boy from Ohio whose legs got fried after his iPod Touch exploded in his pocket and melted his underwear. They are seeking in excess of $225,000 in damages.

Gadget explosions usually happen due to fake/faulty batteries and overheating - but the thing is, iPod Touch's battery is not replaceable by the user and this particular incident happened while the iPod was turned off.

Since the case is rather isolated, it is interesting to find out what other factors contributed to the explosion. As such, it bears watching.

Apple hasn't issued any statement on the case.

Enter your email address to subscribe to TechPinas:

For Reviews of Netbooks out in the Philippine Market Today (and some, yet to be) visit TechPinas' Netbook Mania - Netbooks Philippines.

Spotted! The Biggest Pinoy Celebrities and Their Gadgets ( Celebrity Gadgets , Stars and their Gadgets )

No comments:

Let me know your thoughts on this TechPinas article.