Facebook Timeline, the new FB profile page, will become available to the public starting October 8, 2011.
Yes. That's my baby pic on the cover.
But if you're rather impatient or just too excited and you can't wait for another week, here's what you do to get Timeline NOW! (Before you proceed, remember that there's no turning back once you create your new Profile page. You can't hide Timeline once it's activated.)
1. Log-in to your Facebook account and type "Developer" on the search box. Click on Facebook Developers Group:
2. On the FB Developers Page, click Create New App button:
3. Give your App a Name and Namespace. Use whatever name you like.
4. Enter Captcha text for Security Check:
5. On the left side of the page, click on Open Graph link:
6. Define one action and one object for your app:
Has to be a verb and a noun.
7. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click Save Changes and Next button. Do this again on the next page.
On the last page, click Save and Finish button:
8. Go back to the Facebook Homepage by clicking on the Facebook logo on the upper left corner. you will see an "Introducing Timeline" notification beside your profile photo, click on Get It Now button and start building your Timeline.
There you go! Enjoy your Facebook Timeline!