This page collates all Apple iPad news and updates (on pricing, specs, release date, store locations etc.) in the Philippines.
UPDATE as of December 8, 2010: iPad will finally see official release in the Philippines via Power Mac Center on December 17, 2010. Read more about iPad Power Mac Center and iPad Price Power Mac Center via the links.
UPDATE as of September 5, 2010: iPad is not yet officially available in the Philippines -- but there are already a few retail stores in Pinas offering the slate; The iPad has been spotted in Greenhills and in some online gadget shops. Price range at these unofficial release outlets is Php 29,000 - Php 50,000.
MAJOR UPDATE as of June 20, 2010:
iPad will officially hit store shelves in Singapore and Hong Kong come June 23. No word yet on its availability in the Philippines. For pricing details of iPad in Singapore and Hong Kong, click on the link.
MAJOR UPDATE as of May 7, 2010:
iPad could see a July 2010 official release in the Philippines.
* Note that all iPads currently available for purchase in the country are gray items. Apple hasn't officially launched the iPad in the Philippines yet.
* Philippines is under Apple's Asia Pacific office based in Singapore. There's no 'Apple Philippines' - the company only has stores and distributors here.
Read the official PR from Apple for more info:
iPad Available in Nine More Countries on May 28
Pre-Orders Begin May 10
CUPERTINO, California—May 7, 2010—Apple® today announced that iPad™ will be available in Australia, Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, Spain, Switzerland and the UK on Friday, May 28. Customers can pre-order all iPad models from Apple’s online store in all nine countries beginning on Monday, May 10. In the US, Apple has already sold over one million iPads and customers have downloaded over 12 million apps from the App Store, as well as over 1.5 million ebooks from the new iBookstore.
iPad allows users to connect with their apps and content in a more intimate, intuitive and fun way than ever before. Users can browse the web, read and send email, enjoy and share photos, watch HD videos, listen to music, play games, read ebooks and much more, all using iPad’s revolutionary Multi-Touch™ user interface. iPad is 0.5 inches thin and weighs just 1.5 pounds—thinner and lighter than any laptop or netbook—and delivers up to 10 hours of battery life.*
The App Store on iPad lets you wirelessly browse, buy and download new apps from the world’s largest app store. iPad includes 12 new innovative apps designed especially for iPad and will run almost all of the more than 200,000 apps on the App Store, including apps already purchased for your iPhone® or iPod touch®. Developers have created more than 5,000 exciting new apps designed for iPad that take advantage of its Multi-Touch interface, large screen and high-quality graphics.
Pricing & Availability
Apple plans to release iPad in Austria, Belgium, Hong Kong, Ireland, Luxembourg, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand and Singapore in July. Apple will announce availability, local pricing and pre-order plans for these nine additional countries at a later date.
*Battery life depends on device settings, usage and other factors. Actual results vary.
Apple ignited the personal computer revolution with the Apple II, then reinvented the personal computer with the Macintosh. Apple continues to lead the industry with its award-winning computers, OS X operating system, and iLife, iWork and professional applications. Apple leads the digital music revolution with its iPods and iTunes online store, has reinvented the mobile phone with its revolutionary iPhone and App Store, and has recently introduced its magical iPad which is defining the future of mobile media and computing devices.
UPDATE as of April 4, 2010: iPad has been released in the US! Watch iPad Unboxing videos via the link.
UPDATES (I will add more info as they come out):
1. Last night, after months of rumors and speculation, Apple CEO Steve Jobs finally unveiled the Apple iPad -- Read TechPinas' feature on The iPad Unveiling at Apple's Latest Creation Event held in San Francisco, USA.
2. Here are the official promo photos of the Apple iPad:
3. Watch the official Apple iPad promo video:
4. What are the standard specs of the Apple iPad?
1GHz Apple A4 Processor
16 GB to 64 GB of storage space
9.7" LED Backlit IPS dispay - 1024 x 768 pixels
10 hours uptime
5. Price and release date in the Philippines: How much will it cost? When will it reach our shores?
Here's the pricing grid for Apple iPad in the US :
US: You can get your Apple iPad with base specs (that's without 3G and with only 16GB of storage space) for only $499 !!
We don't have word yet from Apple AP iPad pricing and release date in the Philippines. Please keep tuning in for updates.
UPDATE: We now have iPad target release date in Asia
6. In the meantime, here's an iPad demo video by Engadget:
7. (As of February 7, 2010) Apple iPad has shown up on Apple Store Philippines website!
8. (As of February 7, 2010) Apple.com/asia has given us the target release date for both the Wifi models (March 2010) and the 3G models (April 2010):
9. UPDATE (as of May 3, 2010): This has been published before on other tech sites: iPad will see a late May 2010 international release. We are still awaiting word from Apple's PR agency in the Philippines for exact launch date in the country.
More soon. Please stay tuned.